May 9, 2015
Registration for this event opens on Apr 1, 2015, 1:00:00 PM PDT.
Want to know who's participating?
A New Course for 2015!
Due to the Two Bulls Fire in 2014, about 95% of the area around the old course has been disturbed from fire and salvage logging operations, making much of the old singletrack unrideable.
However, there a lots of other trails in the area and we have established a new course. The start is on the same gravel road but it climbs higher out of the burn into the undisturbed forest for some great singletrack with doubletrack passing zones and gravel connectors.
The course returns on a similar route back, through the tunnel, down the canal and into several fun loops weaving through the stadium. Spectators will be able to see you several times on the way to the finish.
A Central Oregon tradition on Mother’s Day Weekend!
Saturday May 9, 2015
- We will water the gravel road at the start to reduce dust
- Post-race Burrito from Taco Stand and Chainbreaker IPA from Deschutes Brewery available on site (cash or check)
- Awards, podium and raffle following the race on site
- Free Bike Rodeo and Youth Races on a new 1KM Course. Waves for balance bikers and pedal bikes, ages 2 - 10 directly after the last Beginner Wave.
Race #4 of the Oregon Off Road Series.
As a sanctioned OBRA event, an OBRA license is required.
Registration opens on Apr 1, 2015, 1:00:00 PM PDT
|Adult||$40.00 $45.00||OBRA #|
|Junior||$15.00 $20.00||OBRA #|
True Price Policy
We don't feel that "convenience charges" are in any way convenient. At Athletepath, the price you see is the price you pay.
Registration opens on Apr 1, 2015, 1:00:00 PM PDT
Online Registration Closes at Midnight on Wednesday, May 6th.
Register online and save money!
In-person registration available at packet pickup and day of race pay full price:
Registration & Packet Pick-Up
- Friday, May 8 at WebCyclery from 5 - 7PM
Race Day Registration:
- 8:00 - 10AM for Elite/Expert/Sport
- 8:00 - 10:30AM for Beginner/Junior/Youth
- All participants must have a single-day or annual OBRA license. Purchase separately from OBRA online now or at the event.
- Everyone must sign an OBRA waiver before you receive your packet or race number.
You may transfer your entry to another person. Contact us to make a change.
500 SW Bond St. Suite 142
Bend, OR 97702
Annual or 1-day membership required to race. Pre-purchase here, or buy a 1-day on race day
NEW Course for 2015
Elite / Expert / Sport Course
- Same road start as previous years but longer
- alternating singletrack, doubletrack, gravel for lots of fun and plenty of passing
- single lap
- total distance 22 - 23 miles
Beginner / Junior Course
- Four shortcuts reduce the distance by half
- Start 1 hour later so you don't run into the races on the long course
- Fun course, but not very technical
- Biggest, longest climb is on the road at the start, all others are short.
- Property is private but you may enjoy non-motorized travel in the area.
- Be considerate and follow rules on the posted signage.
- We will host a pre-ride on May 2
- There are a couple sections that are under construction and being cleared in April, so pre-riding it exaclty before May 2 will take some excellent navigation skill.
- 10:30 - 10:45 Elite / Expert / Sport Waves
- 12:00 - 12:15 Beginner / JR & Youth Waves
We use pull tags, so stay in the order that you finish while we grab it from you.
Preliminary results will be posted regularly. We will announce on the PA whenever we post new results, thus beginning a 15-minute protest period.
No changes to results after the 15-minute protest period exipres.
Podium and awards will be around 1PM for Elite / Expert / Sport and around 2PM for Beginner / Junior.
2 Aid Stations on course with water and sugary drink mix.
Team feeding is allowed at both.
First Aid at the Finish and we'll station other medical on course.
Racers will not lap through the stadium as much as previous years but you will see them several times in the final 2 miles to the finish.
This is an outdoor event, so dress appropriately and come prepared. We will have limited shelter in the case of inclement weather. You're welcome to bring your own tents to set up in the field.
Directions to Start from Bend:
We will have signs to help you on race day.
It's less than 15 minutes drive from Downtown Bend, or about 30 minutes ride from Mt. Washington Drive.
- From Newport Avenue, continue west, it becomes Shevlin Park RD
- Near the crest of the hill past Shevlin Park, turn left onto Bull Springs RD
- After 1 mile on pavement, turn right onto RD4606 (gravel road)
- Continue 1.8 miles to Couch RD (dirt road)
- Park on the shoulder of the road, leaving enough room for two-way traffic.
$1,000 Total Payout
Top 5 Elite/Expert Men & Women
We will have awards for podium finishers and additional raffle prizes for all racers.
Bend Endurance Academy Families and Athletes will provide much of the volunteer staff.
If you would like to help, please contact us