May 10, 2014
Thank you for a great race this year!
A fun flow of gravel, doubletrack and singletrack on mixed terrain makes for excellent racing with plenty of passing opportunities.
A Central Oregon tradition on Mother’s Day Weekend!
- Saturday May 10
- We are watering the road for 1 mile at the START
- Multiple passes through stadium per lap makes for easy spectating and a fun atmosphere
- Complimentary race food from Hammer Nutrition
- Post-race Burrito and Chainbreaker IPA from Deschutes Brewery available on site (cash or check)
- Awards, podium and raffle following the race on site!
- Free Bike Rodeo all day and Under 10 Kid's Race at Noon near the finish
Race #4 of the Oregon XC Series.
As a sanctioned OBRA event, an OBRA license is required.
Registration is closed
Online Registration Closes at Midnight on Wednesday, May 7th.
Registration and Packet Pick-Up on Friday, May 9 at WebCyclery from 4 - 7PM
Register day of from 8:30 to 10AM at the venue.
All participants must have a single-day or annual OBRA license. Purchase separately from OBRA online now or at the event.
Event day registration
Late Registration includes a $10 fee for all categories:
- Friday 4 - 7pm at WebCyclery
- Saturday 9 - 10AM at the venue
You may transfer your entry to another person. Contact us to make a change.
500 SW Bond St. Suite 142
Bend, OR 97702
Annual or 1-day membership required to race. Pre-purchase here, or buy a 1-day on race day
Saturday, May 10
|11:00 AM||Chainbreaker Start|
|12:00 PM||Free Kids Race Under 10|
Novice Course: 1 Lap, 16 Miles
- Lengthened the climb on the start loop
- Added a mile of singletrack.
- Removed two challenging climbs to improve the flow and bring up the speed
- Result: 1 mile longer course than last year, but expect roughly the same finish times.
- Easy to navigate: do one continuous loop and turn into the Finish Chute at mile 16.
Junior 10 - 13: Shortcut 1 Lap, 12.5 miles
- Start at 11:30
- Skip the 4 mile start loop
- Flow in behind the other categories
All Other Categories: 2 Laps, 30 Miles
- Lengthened the climb on the start loop
- Added a mile of singletrack which you will ride twice
- Removed a total of four challenging climbs to improve the flow and bring up the speed
- Easy to navigate: stay in the Lap Lane in the stadium at mile 16, then turn into the Finish Chute at mile 30.
- Course will be marked by May 3rd
- Join us in the stadium on May 3rd at 10AM for guided pre-rides or to ride on your own.
- Property is private but you may ride the course. Be considerate and follow rules on the posted signage.
- Thanks to the Deschutes Basin Land Trust for helping provide public access to this property!
- 10:50 Final call to staging
- 11:00 to 11:30 Wave Starts
Wave Start Order
- 11:00 - Elite Men, Expert Men, SS Men; 2 Laps
- 11:01 - Elite Women, Expert Women, SS Women; 2 Laps
- 11:02 - Sport Men 14 - 49; 2 Laps
- 11:03 - Sport Men 50+, Clydesdale; 2 Laps
- 11:04 - All Sport Women; 2 Laps
- 11:05 - Novice Men 19+; 1 Lap
- 11:06 - Novice Women 19+; 1 Lap
- 11:07 - Novice Juniors 14 - 18 Boys and Girls; 1 Lap
- 11:30 - Juniors 10-13 Boys and Girls; Shortcut 1 Lap
Maintain your order of Finish beyond the line and through the chute so we can be sure we got your number.
Preliminary results will be posted before awards, thus beginning a 15-minute protest period. We will announce this over the PA system.
No changes to results after the 15-minute protest period exipres.
1 Aid Station with water and Hammer Nutrition products in the Stadium. Team feeding allowed along with neutral hand-ups.
First Aid at the Finish and at the Tunnel.
Racers come near or through the stadium area several times so you can take photos, cheer, set up chairs, tents, have a party, hang out.
This is an outdoor event, so dress appropriately and come prepared. We will have limited shelter in the case of inclement weather. You're welcome to bring your own tents to set up in the field.
Directions to Start from Bend: We will have signs to help you on race day.
- From Newport Avenue, continue west, it becomes Shevlin Park RD
- Near the crest of the hill past Shevlin Park, turn left onto Bull Springs RD
- After 1 mile on pavement, turn right onto RD4606 (gravel road)
- Continue 1.8 miles to Couch RD (dirt road)
- Park on the shoulder of the road, leaving enough room for two-way traffic.
25 minutes west of Bend by car.
It's a longer bike ride than many think, so leave early if you plan on riding out to the race.
Access road may be dusty, but we will be watering the race start if it's dry.
$1,000 Total Payout
Top 5 Elite/Expert Men & Women
- Jamis MTB Frame: each rider gets 1 ticket and you may purchase more to improve your chances
- All Jamis Frame Raffle Proceeds Support Bend Endurance Academy!
- Regular Participant Raffle Ticket with your entry
- WebCyclery swag
- Industry swag
XC Series Jerseys
- Purchase a Series Jersey now or at the race to support Bend Endurance Academy -- $10 from every sale is matched by OBRA to fund a junior mountain bike camp in 2015
- Series Winners in each category will receive a Champion's Jersey after the final race
Bend Endurance Academy Families and Athletes will provide much of the volunteer staff.
If you would like to help, please contact us